Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Unit 7

1. I know a lot of people whom I respect and admire that I could have pictured sitting in front of me. The funny thing is, it was an old Asian man from the martial arts movie, no one in particular that kept coming to focus! I spent a lot of time trying to picture what he looked like.

 I had a very difficult time visualizing the "white light" so for it to leave him and come to me was also difficult. I understand the concept, the visualization of it was difficult.

I believe that I had a strong psychological and spiritual awareness but meditation has helped me with stilling my mind in order to become the master of it. I will continue to make time to meditate and connect with nature which will only help me to foster wellness and a healthier life.

2. I love this quote!! It is not necessarily for all things but it holds true in the health and wellness profession. It is easier to communicate and share experiences through dialogue and for the other person to know that you are coming from experience.

If meditation came easy to me, how could I understand the frustration of the patient who wants to quit because they can't focus? Since I have been mediating and find it difficult to quite my mind, I can understand. If I can find ways to help before I try to meditate, then I can recommend and encourage. I have found that if I exercise before meditating, I can still my mind faster than if I try to do it after rushing to get things done.

As a person who is looking into Naturopathic medicine as a profession, I do owe it to my patients to develop my health psychologically, physically, and spiritually. I owe this to them and to myself because it is the way in which will help me to become a better physician and a leader by example. For example, who wants a doctor to to tell them to lose weight when the doctor themselves are overweight or obese?

1 comment:

  1. Megan, I too had trouble with this meditation. I found the spaces she left for me to do whatever she said to be too long; my mind kept trying to wander.

    ReplyDelete