Monday, September 23, 2013

Unit 8




I found the Loving Kindness and Subtle mind to be the most beneficial practices for me. I liked the Loving Kindness one because it helps me to focus in one someone but in particular, someone I like and respect. In the beginning this was hard but with 5 to 10 minutes a day, I have been able to focus faster and with time, I will be able to do it longer. As for the Subtle mind practice, I think I like this one because it has been a challenge to do. It reminds me of the Calm-abiding practice and it can take a life time to learn. I won’t give u! Knowing that it takes that long only makes me determined to do it in this lifetime.

I have implemented these practices in my life to foster “mental fitness” by making the time during some part of the day to focus. When I am feeling lonely or down, I do the Loving Kindness one because it reminds me that I am loved and that I am special. I do the Subtle mind practice when I want to calm down or when I just want to get away from where I am and physically leaving isn’t possible. It gives me a sense of freedom as well as time to take in the situation to handle it to the best of my abilities. As with all things new, only time and practice will help me to foster my mental fitness.

2 comments:

  1. Great use of the exercises. I personally do the exercises daily, as it helps when i have to face a difficult situation. Like you, I feel that these exercises give me freedom, as I am able to change my focus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoyed both of those practices, and your use of the are very smart. In my post I did not set time limits for the each practices so I will follow your suggestion of 5-10 minutes.

    ReplyDelete