1. Loving Kindness Experience: I understand this exercise is to be beneficial for me but I found is easy on some days and difficult on others. When I first did listened, it was in the evening after a good day. As I listened to it tonight, it wasn't after such a great day and I had a hard time focusing without my mind wondering. I felt relaxed but not at peace like I did the first night. Even though it is difficult, I will keep doing it because I want to expand my consciousness. I have already recommended guided meditation to two people. I even went to Youtube.com and found a few that I liked and recommended them.
2. "Mental Workout": The concept is that in order for our minds to reach, transform or transcend our regular consciousness, we need to practice meditation on a regular basis in order to strengthen, hone in, and fine tune our abilities to be have a sustained path for happiness, heath and wholeness. Research has shown that when a person stops practicing or working out, there is a drop in their conditioning. This means that they my not be physically or mental ready when game time comes. A person has to persevere and practice in order to get great. A person can implement mental workouts to foster psychological health by first learning two types of contemplative practices, loving kindness and subtle mind. Loving kindness helps a person become less focused on themselves and more on others which will lead them to further psychological development into the subtle mind. At this practice of the subtle mind, a person continues to train and tame their mind by going deeper into their consciousness and exploring the essential nature of their mind and experiences (Dacher, 2006).
Reference:
Dacher, E. (2006) Integral Health: The Path to Human Flourishing. Basic Health Publications, Inc.
Great points. Like you, I was affected by the time and/or the occurrences of the day. However, the more I did the exercise, the easier it became. Like working out, I had to schedule "mental workouts", as I needed to be in a certain state of mind to do the exercises.
ReplyDeleteI also felt the exercise was beneficial. Meditation has helped me and I have too recommended it to all my friends and family. It helps relax me and gets me motivated. Any person can use a mental workout. It can help anyone. Getting a mental workout can help improve your state of mind.
ReplyDeleteI think that the exercise is beneficial and the more we mediate the less disturbed we will be by outside distractions and other thoughts. By channeling positive energy to ourselves and those around us we begin to have more inner peace.
ReplyDeleteI found it hard to concentrate as well and I think that is where we can apply our stillness and try and silent our thoughts so we can take on new things. I found it very beneficial but it was very hard to focus the mind. I will continue to try and use the exercise and see how it continues to make me mentally alert.
ReplyDeleteAs others have stated, I had a hard time focusing on the exercise as well. First, because I have a few people who are dear to me experiencing some health challenges and I couldn't focus on just one. I resolved to repeat the exercise for each person. Secondly, I had something I needed to do right afterwards. I really think doing the exercise at bedtime or when there is nothing on the agenda will bring about better results.
ReplyDelete