Hello Dr. D and Class!
I truly enjoyed this Journey On relaxation exercise. I first I didn't think it was working but when the guide said to try and raise your arms, I wasn't able to! They did feel heavy and warm. I would like to try this again where it is more quite and I can sit on the floor or a chair that I am comfortable in. I had to do this with other people in the room and they were speaking softly. I couldn't believe it helped me to relax but it did! I had my doubts but they are gone!

I was like you I tried with the kids around and television on since I was watching the kids and would have a hard time disapearing, but it still worked and an't wait to try it when they aren't running around screaming.
ReplyDeleteI have to say I felt the same way! It totally relaxed me and I felt completely comfortable in my surrounding. Although, I would like to try this again. I did have people around me too. I would like to try this again in an outside setting. I just think it would get me into a more stable situation with a beautiful scenery and such. I tried it while I was sitting in a chair, maybe Ill try it while laying down next time. ;)
ReplyDeleteI couldn't believe how effective it was myself. I had the opportunity to lie down while completing the technique. It showed me the importance of just taking the time out to slow down, regroup, and pay attention to what my body was going through. What a difference 15 minutes makes!
ReplyDeleteI agree, I felt the same way. If you were relaxed performing the exercise in from of other people, I will definitely, take time out of my crazy work day and try it out. I need to relax!
ReplyDelete