Friday, October 4, 2013

Unit 10: YEAH!!!



The following is my reflection in Unit 3:1.A: 7, I am not where I would like to be physically. B: 9, I am very strong in faith. C:8, I am currently under stress and anxiety, I only know this because it is effecting my body but not my mental abilities. I will win!
In reflection for Unit 10, I am now: An 8 for physicality, I was able to physically do exercises by this week that I couldn’t do the week of Unit 3. I had wanted to start juicing before Unit 3 but it was last weekend that I started doing it for my health. As for my faith and spirituality, I am still around a 8 and 9. My faith is still strong and my meditation needs work. I will continue to work in all the areas because it is a balancing act to manage all three in my life and sometimes one is stronger than another but all have effects on one and other.

The following is my reflection in Unit 3: 2. A: My goal is to finish Insanity and complete my 90 Day Body by Vi Challenge. B: My goal here is to make more meetings and to introduce more people to Nichiren Buddhism. C: My goal here is to start using the meditation recordings given in this class to help still my mind and be calm. I know that the exercising helps to reduce stress.
The following is my reflection for Unit 10: I got about 2 months and 2 weeks of the Insanity and then I hurt my knee while doing a workout. That didn’t stop me! I use free weights and do what I can without putting strain on my knee to work out other parts of my body. I will complete my 90 Days Body By Vi Challenge, I want a trip to LA. I was able to invite and take two people to the most recent Buddhist discussion meeting! I am having a hard time putting time in the day for meditation. I find that I chant more than meditate when something is bothering me. I would like to create a habit of carving out some time that is my new goal. It was easy during the 10 weeks because I had carved time out in the day for school work and that was part of it.

3. I am already implementing the most of the things. Making time for meditation is what I need to work on. It is difficult between home, work, school and family. I am just grateful to have the knowledge to know that I can tap into it when I need it, now or later.

4. My have come to be comfortable with silence in my mind and body. I wasn’t able to do that before. I don’t like silence but being in it during meditation was quite healing. I have improved my well-being since I began this class. I have made the effort and taken the time to eat healthier; I now juice vegetables and fruits in order to be healthier and to feed my well-being with great nutrition. Learning about meditation has been rewarding but finding the time to do it has been very difficult. This ability will assist me to help others, as I continue to practice; it has the ability for me to tap into a deeper level of compassion and service to others. I am excited to see what my life will be like in 5 to 10 years based on this level of consciousness and the understanding that there is an unlimited potential within me.

I wish everyone in this course best wishes for future endeavors! 

4 comments:

  1. It is very hard to get everything done but I find the time to relax and meditate. It really helps and I feel much better. Insanity is such a good workout. Good luck with all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Good job in keeping up with your goals! It is very challenging at times and I find it inspirational to read your blog. Keep it up! I am sure hoping I will keep up with everything I have found beneficial in this course and always move forward. :) Good luck with your health and wellness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I applaud you for being consistent in your goals! When you faced a challenge you simply changed your perspective! You have inspired me and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog during the course. Continued success !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your success so far. You appear to have the dedication needed to make positive changes that will add to your overall well-being! I admire your hard work despite an injury! I wish you continued success in both your personal and professional endeavors!

    ReplyDelete